Start Date: 15 September 2017
End Date: 15 September 2017
Place: 365 Burrows Ave.
Our Lady of Sorrows, the Sorrowful Mother or Mother of Sorrows (Mater Dolorosa), and Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows are names by which the Blessed Virgin Mary is referred to in relation to sorrows in her life. As Mater Dolorosa, it is also a key subject for Marian art in the Catholic Church.
The Seven Sorrows of Mary are a popular Catholic devotion. There are devotional prayers which consist of meditation on her Seven Sorrows. Examples include the rosary, or the Chaplet of the Seven Sorrows of Our Lady and the Seven Joys of Mary. The term “Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary” refers to the combined devotion of both the Immaculate Heart and the Seven Sorrows of Mary.The Seven Sorrows (or Dolors) are events in the life of the Blessed Virgin Mary which are a popular devotion.It is a common devotion for Catholics to say daily one Our Father and seven Hail Mary’s for each.
1. The Prophecy of Simeon. (Luke 2:34-35) or the Circumcision of Christ
2. The Flight into Egypt. (Matthew 2:13
3. The loss of the child Jesus in the Temple. (Luke 2:43-45)
4. Jesus dies on the cross. (John 19:25)
5. Mary receives the body of Jesus in her arms. (Matthew 27:57-59)
6. The body of Jesus is placed in the tomb. (John 19:40-42)